Meat By The Side
WHY BY THE SIDE?
• COST. Save hundreds of dollars buying by the side. The very same cuts that you will receive would cost a couple hundred dollars more at our retail prices.
• CONVENIENCE. One stop at the butcher shop, and you’ve got several months worth of meat for your freezer.
• CUT YOUR WAY. We cut the meat exactly how you want it, and buying by the side is a great way to explore new cuts and try new recipes. We’re always here to share our extensive knowledge of cuts and preparations – we love this part of the job!
HOW IT WORKS:
1. PLACE AN ORDER. Call or stop in to Farmers’ Gate Market or Solo Cucina. Beef requires $100 deposit. Pork/Lamb require $50 deposit.
2. PICK YOUR CUTS. We’ll teach you all about the different options and help you decide how you want your meat cut and packaged.
3. MAKE SPACE. It takes 2-6 weeks to turn around an order. While you wait, make space in your freezer – a side of beef fits easily in a 9 cubic foot chest freezer.
4. CUT AND FREEZE. Once your order arrives at Farmers’ Gate, we’ll cut it to your specifications and put it into deep freeze.
5. COME AND GET IT! Pick up your order at Farmers’ Gate Market (free) or Solo Cucina (with additional delivery fee).
WHAT IT COSTS:
Orders by the side are priced by “hanging weight” – the weight of the whole animal after it’s been dressed and cleaned. Packaged weight is typically about 65-70% of the hanging weight, depending on how it is cut up.